Mindfulness-integrated CBT Applied Course
Mindfulness-integrated Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (MiCBT) is an evidence-based transdiagnostic approach, specifically designed to address a wide range of mental health conditions. To implement MiCBT efficiently, we believe it is essential that therapists acquire a sound understanding of the principles, theory and practice of MiCBT and develop the confidence to address complex clinical situations effectively.
IMPORTANT: Given that this is an applied course during which you are assisted in delivering the MiCBT programme to one or more people, you will need a client base with which to practice. You need to have at least 2 clients with whom you can implement MiCBT from Week 1—we recommend 3 clients, with a minimum of 2 clients, in case client dropout prevents you from continuing to implement MiCBT and actively participate in the course. Sometimes this takes a while to organise so we recommend that you are organised sufficiently in advance to be ready to start implementing the programme just after our first online class.
The aim of this comprehensive course is to teach you to implement MiCBT confidently with your individual clients and groups across a range of diagnoses, in most mental health settings, public and private, while being supervised and supported weekly by the trainer. The course involves didactic, practical and experiential means of learning, including:
- Implementing the four stages of MiCBT, including mindfulness meditation, mindfulness-based exposure and relapse prevention strategies in 10 classes over a 12 week period
- Master classes and group supervision (delivered online), involving role-play simulating current client attitudes and therapist responses
- General discussions on personal experience.
Successful completion of the Foundation Course is a pre-requisite for this course.
You will learn to implement the four stages of MiCBT with clients diagnosed with most mental health disorders and some health conditions, such as addiction and chronic pain. This will include learning the clinical implementation of:
- Cognitive and behavioural methods to engage your client in the treatment plan efficiently
- Basic and advanced mindfulness meditation methods
- Mindfulness-based exposure techniques
- Mindfulness-based conflict resolution
- Enhancing neuroplasticity to help prevent relapse
- Compassion training through loving-kindness meditation and the use of ethics to assist in preventing relapse.
The MiCBT Applied Course consists of 10 online sessions over a 12 week period. All sessions are conducted online, using Zoom, which allows you to use interactive documents, interact with other participants and the presenter, and review the recorded sessions if needed.
- Book: Bruno A. Cayoun, Sarah E. Francis, Alice G. Shires The Clinical Handbook of Mindfulness-integrated Cognitive Behavior Therapy, Wiley Blackwell 2018
- Free access to over 50 videos demonstrating MiCBT skills with clients
- Free access to over 30 client handouts and therapist work forms
- Free access to Associate membership services of the MiCBT Institute
Online Teaching Platform
The online teaching platform is Zoom. It is interactive with everyone online at the same time. Zoom is accessed through your internet browser and you do not need to purchase any software - all you need is a computer with good internet connection, a headset with microphone and a webcam. Information on accessing the online classes with Zoom is available after registration.
CPD and Certificate of Attendance
20 CPD hours may be claimed, but please check eligibility with your professional body regarding other criteria, e.g. “active CPD”, specialised colleges, etc. (For Australian psychologists, this course meets criteria for 20 Active CPD hours). Certificates of Completion are issued to participants who attend and directly participate in a minimum 8 of the 10 online sessions, irrespective of whether or not the recorded lessons are watched after the sessions
Register for the Applied Course
July 25 - October 10, 2020
No online classes Aug 29 and Sept 19
9.30am - 11.30am
Local time Hobart, AU
Registration Fee: AUD $1200
Early Bird Fee AUD: $1100
Book before June 25, 2020
Join Waiting List
If the course is full, please join the waiting list and we will contact you if a place becomes available.
Training Quick Links
- MiCBT Workshops
- Foundation Course
- Applied Course
- Mindfulness Meditation Retreat
- Group Supervision
- Individual Supervision
- On-demand Masterclasses
Dr Glenn Bilsborrow - Clinical Psychologist NW Tasmania commented on 04-Oct-2012 04:45 PM
The course was a fantastic learning experience because of the diversity of experiences recounted by other practitioners and the wonderful knowledge of the leader.
All together, what resulted was a very practical and usable course experience that answered many questions about the implementation of the model. It was like supervision with a very experienced supervisor who could answer any questions that might arise from a group with benefits to all the group members.
Even though I had been using the model for some time and wasn't sure how the course was going to help, it turned out to be very valuable indeed.