This retreat is an opportunity to learn variations of mindfulness and CBT integration to address complex cases, with an emphasis on addiction and trauma. This residential 5-day retreat will involve learning material through various modalities, including group discussion of complex cases, with a focus on trauma and addiction, guided practice of mindfulness meditation using advanced body-scanning skills, role-play and direct demonstration of immediate distress-reduction during real-life therapy sessions with Dr Cayoun (on video) and with present group members.
Pre-requisites: Participants must have completed an 8-week Foundation Course.
Learning Outcomes: Participants will learn
- Advanced skills in mindfulness practice
- The deepening of self-awareness and experiential acceptance
- The application of the neurobehavioural theoretical foundation of mindfulness practice
- The various roles of neuroplasticity in preventing relapse
- Latest research findings regarding client adherence
- Methods to engage the client in the treatment plan efficiently
- Methods for immediate distress reduction
- The four stages of MiCBT with patients diagnosed with most DSM-V Axis I and Axis II mental health disorders and some health conditions, such as addictions, chronic pain and trauma Mindfulness-based relapse prevention strategies.
Venue: This peaceful, private, waterfront retreat is surrounded by native garden and natural bushland with breathtaking views of Cygnet Bay, Tasmania. Delicious vegetarian meals and special dietary requirements are fully catered for. Fruit and vegetables in season are picked fresh from the organic garden.